The global wellness tourism market size reached USD 815 billion in 2022 and is expected to hit USD 1,784.05 billion by 2032, notable at a CAGR of 8.20% from 2023 to 2032.
- North America dominated the market with the highest market share in 2022.
- Asia Pacific is observed to witness the fastest rate of growth during the forecast period.
- By Service, the lodging segment dominated the market in 2022.
- By Service, the wellness activity segment is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period.
- By Destination, the domestic segment dominated the market in 2022.
- By Traveler, the secondary segment dominated the market in 2022.
Wellness tourism refers to the tourism undertaken for indulging in wellness activities such as yoga and meditation retreats, spa treatment, Ayurveda treatment, agricultural tourism, shopping, and spiritual activities to name a few. The growing cases of various physical and mental diseases, rising prevalence of stress, depression, and anxiety, and unhealthy habits among the population are the primary drivers of the global wellness tourism market. The wellness tourism is intended to prevent physical and mental illness by encouraging wellness and healthy lifestyle. The rapid growth of the middle class and increasing desire for active and healthy lifestyle are fueling the demand for wellness tourism across the globe. Moreover, easy availability of online tickets and availability of huge number of service providers is positively impacting the market growth.
Get the Sample Copy of this Research Report @ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1294
Crucial factors accountable for market growth are:
- Rapid growth of middle-class
- Rising disposable income
- Increasing government investments on infrastructure and connectivity
- Rising awareness regarding wellness tourism
- Growing penetration of internet and smart devices like smartphones
- Increasing influence of social media
- Growing prevalence of mental and physical disease
- Increasing consumer expenditure on health and wellness
Based on the region, the North America dominated the global wellness tourism market in 2020, in terms North America is the dominating wellness tourism market. The US alone attracts more than 33% of the global wellness tourism expenditure. The aggressive marketing by the top players regarding the importance of physical and psychological wellness being attained through yoga, rejuvenation therapies, herbal treatment, meditation, agricultural tourism, and spa therapies in an exotic destination is a major factor that shaped the wellness tourism market in North America. The basic idea was to make people aware that visiting to a foreign place and attaining various local therapies is beneficial for mental and physical health. This idea was well supported by the rising disposable income of the consumers, demand for healthy and active lifestyle, and increased consumer expenditure on health and wellness.
Asia Pacific is estimated to be the fastest-growing wellness tourism market owing to the growing popularity of various exotic destinations in Asia Pacific such as China, mountain ranges of India, Malaysia, and Singapore. Moreover, the growing penetration of hotel chains equipped with wellness centers to provide massages, spa treatments, herbal treatments, and rejuvenation programs have positively impacted the market growth in this region.
- By service, lodging segment led the global wellness tourism market with remarkable revenue share in 2020. This is attributed to the rapid growth of the large hotel chains that also provides exotic therapies such as rejuvenation programs, spa treatments, and other wellness services.
- By destination, the domestic segment led the global wellness tourism market. This is majorly due to the government support to boost domestic tourism. Domestic tourism is used as a tool for generating employment, improve infrastructure, and hence boost economic growth of the country.
- By traveler, the secondary segment led the global wellness tourism market because of the cost saving benefit. Generally a person visiting for any purpose such as business meeting, there are high chances of him to include wellness activities in his trip that allows him to gain dual benefits of business with wellness at less cost.
Wellness Tourism Market Scope
|Market Size in 2023
|USD 877.76 Billion
|Market Size by 2032
|USD 1,784.05 Billion
|Growth Rate from 2023 to 2032
|CAGR of 8.2%
According to the Global Wellness Institute, in 2017, the total number of domestic and international wellness trips accounted for around 17% of the global tourism expenditure. This implies that tourists are increasingly participating in wellness activities while they travel to domestic and international destinations. The sedentary lifestyle of the consumers, busy and hectic lifestyle, and unhealthy habits have resulted in a decreased physical activity, which give rise to a number of physical and mental issues. Therefore, tourists tend to participate in physical, psychological, and spiritual wellness activities during their vacations. This factor is significantly driving the growth of the global wellness tourism market.
There are certain restraining factors to the wellness tourism market. The lack of awareness about wellness tourism, low income population in developing and underdeveloped nations, and political unrest in several nations are few of the major constraining factors that may hamper the growth of the wellness tourism market.
The growing technological advancements in tourism industry is expected to offer growth opportunities. For instance, use of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) by the top hotels for providing a virtual tour to their customers before booking rooms and use of robots for carrying and handling the guests’ luggage in hotels are the latest developments in the tourism industry that is expected to change the face of online hotel bookings.
The major challenges encountered by the wellness tourism industry include threat of terrorist attacks, outbreak of pandemic, and bad geopolitical relations between countries. These are the various challenges that are not under the control of the tourism industry and these factors might harm the growth of the market significantly.
Some of the prominent players in the wellness tourism market include:
- Hilton Worldwide
- Accor Hotels
- Marriot International
- Hyatt Hotels
- Rosewood Hotels
- InterContinental Group
- Radisson Hospitality
- Rancho La Puerta, Inc.
- Omni Hotels & Resorts
- Four Seasons Hotels
Segments Covered in the Report
- Wellness activity
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Rest of the World
Call: +1 9197 992 333
- Healthcare Insurance Market Size Reach USD 3,948.7 Billion by 2030 - February 28, 2024
- Telemedicine Market Size to Hit USD 225 Billion by 2030 - February 28, 2024
- Homeopathic Products Market Size to Reach USD 34.32 Bn by 2032 - February 28, 2024