The preterm birth and PROM testing market size is projected to hit USD 2.21 billion by 2030 with a registered CAGR of 3.2% from 2022 to 2030.
- North America generated more than 38% of revenue share in 2022.
- Asia-Pacific is estimated to expand at the fastest CAGR from 2023 to 2030.
- By Test Type, the ultrasound segment has held the largest revenue share of 32% in 2022.
- By End User, the hospitals & clinics segment contributed more than 45% of revenue share in 2022.
Preterm birth simply refers to premature birth or birth before the completion of 37 weeks of pregnancy. This is a major cause of death among the children of 5 years. Preterm born babies are prone to malnutrition, underweight, and weak immunity. The preterm birth and PROM testing is an effective tool to detect the preterm birth symptoms in women and helps in preventing preterm births.As per the data published by the WHO, around 15 million babies are born preterm annually across the world. Preterm birth and PROM testing help to detect the premature rapture of fetal membranes in pregnant women. By detecting the raptured fetal membrane, the patient can be treated and prevent the preterm birth. Hence, the growing cases of preterm birth and growing rate of death among children is a primary driver of the global market.
Get the Sample Pages of Report for More Understanding@ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1281
Crucial factors accountable for market growth are:
- Rising cases of preterm birth across the world
- Growing penetration of diagnostic labs and healthcare centers
- Rising awareness regarding the preterm birth and PROM testing availability
- Point of Care test is gaining traction
- Technological advancements in the PROM testing tools
- Growing penetration of online consultation of doctors or telemedicine
- Ultrasound segment led the global preterm birth and PROM testing market with 32% revenue share in 2020. This is attributed to the fact that ultrasound is the most common, reliable, and painless way of PROM testing.
- By end user, diagnostic laboratories segment held 45% revenue share in the global preterm birth and PROM testing market in 2020 owing to the higher demand and the growing penetration in the developed markets.
- North America dominated the global market in 2020 and projected to augment the market in the coming years due to the growing cases of preterm birth rate in U.S. According to CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), 10% of the babies born in 2019 in US were born preterm. Around 17% of the preterm babies die due to low birth weight.
- Asia Pacific is fastest growing market owing to the rising awareness regarding preterm birth. According to the WHO, over 60% of the preterm birth cases occurs in Africa and South Asia. The rapid development of healthcare facilities in Asia is a factor that is anticipated to be the driving force of the market.
Scope of the Preterm Birth and PROM Testing Market
|USD 2.21 Billion by 2030
|CAGR of 3.2% From 2022 to 2030
|2017 to 2020
|2022 to 2030
|Test Type, End User
|North America, APAC, Europe, Latin America, MEAN, Rest of the World
|Abbott, Qiagen N.V., Biosynex, Hologic, Cooper Surgical, Sera Prognostics, Medixbiochemica, IQ Products, NX Prenatal, Inc., Clinical Innovations, Inc.
The primary driver of the preterm birth and PROM testing market is the growing cases of premature birth and increasing death among children due to preterm birth. The adoption of point of care tests is gaining immense traction as it is inexpensive, reliable, and accurate. The rising penetration of internet has fueled the growth of telemedicine. Therefore, through online doctor consultation, the symptoms of preterm birth can be detected earlier and PROM tests can be conducted for early identification and treatment of the patient. This will act as a key driver in the upcoming years.
The lack of awareness regarding preterm births, availability of PROM testing services, and low disposable income in underdeveloped and developing countries is a major restraint that may hamper the market growth during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to provide lucrative growth opportunities owing to the rapidly growing population in countries like India and China. According to UNICEF, around 25 million births each year is recorded in India and the death rate is 35% due to the preterm birth. Thus Asia Pacific is expected to show a promising growth rate in the market.
Lack of diagnostic centers and adequate number of health care centers in the rural areas of developing and underdeveloped countries remains an untapped market. These markets have a great growth potential because maximum population resides in rural areas especially in developing countries.
Key Companies & Market Share Insights
The market is moderately fragmented with the presence of several local companies. These market players are striving to gain higher market share by adopting strategies, such as investments, partnerships, and acquisitions & mergers. Companies are also spending on the development of improved and efficient preterm birth and PROM testing solutions. Moreover, they are also focusing on maintaining competitive pricing.
Some of the prominent players in the market include:
- Qiagen N.V.
- Cooper Surgical
- Sera Prognostics
- IQ Products
- NX Prenatal, Inc.
- Clinical Innovations, Inc.
Segments Covered in the Report
By Test Type
- Biochemical Markers
- Pelvic Exam
- Nitazine Test
- Uterine Monitoring
- Ferning Test
By End User
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of the World
Call: +1 9197 992 333
- Healthcare Insurance Market Size Reach USD 3,948.7 Billion by 2030 - February 28, 2024
- Telemedicine Market Size to Hit USD 225 Billion by 2030 - February 28, 2024
- Homeopathic Products Market Size to Reach USD 34.32 Bn by 2032 - February 28, 2024