The global digestive health products market size reached USD 108.22 billion in 2023 and it is projected to hit around USD 230.34 billion by 2032 with a CAGR of 8.8% from 2024 to 2032.
- North America has dominated the market with revenue share of 32.31% in 2023.
- By ingredient, probiotics segment has accounted highest market share of 36.83% in 2023.
- By delivery format, capsules segment has held revenue share of 44.13% in 2023.
- By distribution channel, supermarkets & hypermarkets segment has captured 46.92% revenue share in 2023.
Digestive health products helps in improving human digestive health and preventing digestion related diseases such as irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, constipation, colic, and ulcerative colitis. According to a study, around 40% of the global population suffers from gastrointestinal diseases. Therefore, the growing prevalence of digestion related diseases is a major factor boosting the growth of the digestive health products market. Moreover, growing investments and innovative product launches by the key manufacturers are propelling the market growth.
Get the Sample Pages of Report for More Understanding@ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1280
Crucial factors accountable for market growth are:
- Growing incidence of gastrointestinal diseases
- Growing geriatric population
- Unhealthy food habits
- Busy and hectic lifestyle of the consumers
- Growing popularity of e-commerce
- Growing consumer expenditure of healthcare products and supplements
- Frequent product launches by the market players
- Rising consumer awareness regarding the intestinal diseases
North America dominated the global digestive health products market in 2020 and projected to augment the market in the coming years. The major factors attributed for its growth includes high disposable income, increased consumer awareness regarding the availability of various digestive health products, and higher penetration of internet and e-commerce platforms. The presence of few major manufacturers and their aggressive marketing strategies had augmented the digestive health products market in the region.
Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market in the forthcoming years. The prime factor attributed to this is proliferating penetration of smart phones, rising number of internet users, growing penetration of e-commerce, along with the developing infrastructure for distribution. Asia Pacific is highly populated, providing a huge number of customers. Furthermore, the food & beverages industry is growing rapidly in the region, which is expected to propel the growth of the digestive health products market during the forecast period.
- Probiotics segment led the global digestive health products market with 75% revenue share in 2020. Rising awareness regarding the health benefits of consuming probiotics among the consumer is augmenting the growth of the segment.
- By Product, in 2020, Dairy Products dominated the market 55% in terms of revenue of the total market. The sedentary lifestyle of the consumers, demand for healthy food habits, and increased consumer awareness regarding the nutritional benefits of dairy products has led the dairy product segment to become the leading segment in the past few years.
- By Delivery Format, in 2020, capsules dominated the market in terms of revenue of the total market. The busy and hectic lifestyle of the consumers is resulting in unhealthy food habits. Hence the consumption of capsules increased due to its easy availability, convenience, and intestinal benefits.
- By Distribution Channel, in 2020, pharmacy stores dominated the 60% revenue share of the total market. This is attributable to the high demand for the capsules and tablets of digestive health products among the population.
Digestive Health Products Market Scope
|Growth Rate From 2024 to 2032
|CAGR of 8.8%
|Market Size in 2023
|USD 108.22 Billion
|Market Size by 2032
|USD 230.34 Billion
|2024 to 2032
|Ingredients, Delivery Format, Distribution Channel
|North America, APAC, Europe, Latin America, MEAN, Rest of the World
Digestive Health Products Market Dynamics
Rising demand for nutritional supplements is one of the key factors driving the growth of the digestive health products. The rising participation of women in corporate and other work fields is an important factor due to which consumers are unable to maintain healthy diet. Further, the growing penetration of fast food restaurant chains have resulted in growing unhealthy food habits among the consumers. Therefore, to cater the basic nutritional and dietary needs, consumers are opting for dietary supplements. These dietary supplements fulfil the fiber needs of the consumers and help to prevent intestinal disorders.
There are certain strict government norms regarding the use of prebiotics and probiotics that the manufacturers have to face. The manufacturing of digestive health products needs to be approved by the regulatory authorities undergoing some trials and approval of the product before reaching to the market. The strict and stringent government norms may restrain the growth of the market. Moreover, the lack of awareness regarding the products in developing markets is another restraining factor.
The probiotics are providing opportunities for growth. Probiotics are linked with the innovation in functional food & beverages and new delivery formats. Probiotics is enabling the consumers to include it in their regular diets at low cost. Probiotics like LactoSpore can remain stable for upto three years thus providing long shelf life to the digestive health products.
The lack of awareness regarding the different digestive health products especially in the developing market such as India, China, and Brazil is a major challenge that needs to be tackled by the market players. The marketing and promotional activities may help in tackling this challenge.
Digestive Health Products Market Players
- Cargill, Inc.
- Arla Foods, Inc.
- Danone A.S.
- PepsiCo, Inc.
- Yakult Honsha Co.
- Nestle SA
- AST Enzymes
- Beroni Group
- Danisco AS
- Chr. Hansen Holding
Segments Covered in the Report
- Digestive Enzymes
- Prebiotics (Fibre)
- Food Intolerence Products
- Gas & Bloating
- Cleanse & Detox
By Delivery Format
By Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Pharmacy Stores
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of the World
Call: +1 9197 992 333
- Healthcare Insurance Market Size Reach USD 3,948.7 Billion by 2030 - February 28, 2024
- Telemedicine Market Size to Hit USD 225 Billion by 2030 - February 28, 2024
- Homeopathic Products Market Size to Reach USD 34.32 Bn by 2032 - February 28, 2024