The global acute hospital care market size reached USD 3 trillion in 2023 and is projected to surpass around USD 5.4 trillion by 2032, growing a CAGR of 6.1% from 2023 to 2032.
- North America region hit a revenue share of 53% in 2022.
- Europe region accounted for 26% of revenue share in 2022.
- By medical condition, the emergency care segment accounted highest revenue share in 2022.
- The acute care surgery segment is growing at a CAGR of 6.45% between 2023 to 2032.
- By facility type, the general acute care hospitals segment generated the highest revenue share in 2022.
- The psychiatric hospitals segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2023 to 2032.
- By services, the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) segment dominated the market with the highest revenue share in 2022.
- The NICU segment is expected to hit at a CAGR of 6.31% over the forecast period 2023 to 2032.
According to new report study by Precedence Research. Acute hospital care is a branch of the healthcare industry that provide short term treatment to the patients for addressingnumerous medical conditions that include asthma attack, broken bone, bronchitis, common cold, pneumonia, burn, heart attack, flu, and many more. There are other diseases as well that have been included in the acute care process such as coronary care, cardiology, intensive care, and neonatal intensive care. Acute care may require stay of a patient in the hospital ambulatory surgery center and emergency department. Hospital-based acute inpatient care basically has the goal of discharging patients as early as they attain a stable and healthy medical condition.
Get the Sample Pages of Report for More Understanding@ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1077
Increasing incidences of trauma, growing size of ageing patient,rising demand for acute care hospitals, and unmet medicinal necessities in developing countries are likely to drive the development of the market. Increasing number of hospitals, improvement in healthcare substructure, aged people suffering from acute sicknesses, rising pharmacological production,better-quality compensation strategies, and speedy progressions especially in the services and offerings of medicinal product propel the development of the acute hospital care market.
Regardless of above mentioned motivating factors, restricted availability of equipment and services combined with low quality healthcare organization mainly in the developing and under-developed nations may hamper the market over the duration of the forecast. Nonetheless, significant spending for the improvement of healthcare infrastructure in these nations is likely to propel the market growth over the forecast period.
Acute Hospital Care Market Scope
|Market Size in 2023
|USD 3.17 Trillion
|Market Size by 2032
|USD 5.4 Trillion
|Growth Rate from 2023 to 2032
|CAGR of 6.1%
|Fastest Growing Market
|2023 to 2032
|Vehicle Class, Architecture, Region
- In 2019, North America dominated the global market due to increasing patient population, well-developed technology, and increasing government support for R&D
- The Asia Pacific exhibits the fastest growth rate during the analysis period because of rapid development in healthcare technologies, high healthcare expenditure, and huge patient population
- By medical condition, emergency care segment show its dominance in terms of revenue for the year 2019 and expected to have considerable growth during the forthcoming years
- Short-term stabilization predicted to grow at the highest rate in the coming years due to various market players focusing on reducing the time of hospital stays
- Based on facility type, general acute care hospital dominated the overall market as majority of patients are admitted due to short-term acute care
- Psychiatric hospitals anticipated to witness profound growth over the analysis period owing to rising prevalence of heart stroke triggered by the disease oriented lifestyle
- On the basis of services, Intensive Care Units (ICUs) held the largest value share owing to increasing number of patients that require intensive monitoring and care round the clock
North America emerged as a global market leader in the year 2019 owing to its better market expenditure, superlative technical capacity, better investment capacity to treat people, and easy integration of various technologies. Increasing population is also a prime reason that broadened the market scope. The United States and Canada are the major countries that seek high growth in the number of hospitals along with their enhanced technical capability in the past few years.
Besides this, Europe captured the second leading market position with several countries showing huge interest on spending in the healthcare facilities and the development of hospitals. Developed economies like France and Germany projected to execute significant improvement in the hospital infrastructures that likely boost the market growth in the region.
On the other hand, the Asia Pacific market witnesses prominent growth over the analysis period owing to huge patient pool, high intake of healthcare technologies, and significant investment from emerging countries like Japan, India, China, South Korea, and other Asian countries. India and South Korea are also focusing to emerge as a medical tourism hub that impacts the market considerably. Advanced equipment is also paving their path in the market and are fetching in significant revenue.
Key Players & Strategies
The global acute hospital care market witness’s strong surge in the investment on R&D and innovation on healthcare facilitiesto provide better service to the patient. On the other hand, the market players are well recognized for their extensive skill in statistical changes that aimed to strengthen their footprint in the market and boost the overall market growth as well.In addition, these players also focus significantly on the merger & acquisition, partnership, and joint venture strategies.
Certain of the prominent players in the acute hospital care market are as follows:
- Universal Health Services, Inc.
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation
- Community Health System
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation
- Legacy Lifepoint Health, Inc.
- Hca Healthcare, Inc.
- Ardent Health Services
- Adeptus Health Inc.
- Ascension Health
Segments Covered in the Report
By Facility Type
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- General Acute Care Hospitals
- Rehabilitation Hospitals
- Specialized Hospitals
- Long-term Acute Care
By Medical Condition
- Short-term Stabilization
- Emergency Care
- Acute Care Surgery
- Trauma Care
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Call: +1 9197 992 333
- Healthcare Insurance Market Size Reach USD 3,948.7 Billion by 2030 - February 28, 2024
- Telemedicine Market Size to Hit USD 225 Billion by 2030 - February 28, 2024
- Homeopathic Products Market Size to Reach USD 34.32 Bn by 2032 - February 28, 2024