The pharmaceutical water market size was valued at USD 34.69 billion in 2022 and is estimated to reach around USD 74.73 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 10.1% from 2023 to 2030.
- North America led the global market with the highest market share of 34.76% in 2022.
- Asia-Pacific is estimated to expand at the fastest CAGR of 10.9% from 2023 to 2030.
- By Type, the HPLC grade water segment has held the biggest revenue share of 21% in 2022.
- By Type, the water for injection segment is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR of 9.7% during the projected period.
- By Application, the pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies segment held the highest market share of 57.57% in 2022 and it is projected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 10.2% over the projected period.
Water is the one of the foremost commodities utilized by the pharmaceutical sector. Water is extensively employed as vital ingredient, raw material, or solvent in the formulation, processing, and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical products, and intermediates, analytical reagents and compendial articles. It might present as an excipient, or employed during synthesis, reconstitution of products, throughout production of finished product, cleaning agent for washing vessels, and primary packing materials among others. There are numerous different grades of water utilized for pharmaceutical purposes. There are numerous particular kinds of packaged waters, differing in their elected applications, packaging limits, and other quality characteristics.
The high demand for steady water supply has forced manufacturers in the pharmaceutical water industry to implement water recycle practices. Water reuse is safeguarding sustainability of water resources and is refining water effectiveness in the value chain. Service providers are providing commission, installation, and validation of purification systems to pharmaceutical customers. Inventions in these systems are fetching prominence in European nations where local manufacturers are firming their global distribution chains.
Get the Sample Pages of Report for More Understanding@ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1179
Manufacturing of medicines need high-purity water in the manufacture process and the waste water stream can be profoundly laden with contaminants, toxins and organic nutrients which requires to be treated beforehand disposal, necessitating water and waste water treatment equipment. Development of the biopharmaceutical sector can be credited to large unmet medical requirements in the dealing chronic medical circumstances, patent expiry of patented biologic drugs that leads growth of biosimilar drugs, and a great number of clinical pipeline drugs. Furthermore, swift expansion of the vaccines sector is expected to push the biopharmaceutical industry in the near future. Hence, demand for pharmaceutical water is likely to rise, along with the development of the biopharmaceutical and generic injectable sectors throughout the estimate period.
High surge in burden of diabetes amongst the aged and obese populace around the globe is a major influence probable to push the global pharmaceutical water market throughout the prediction period. The pharmaceutical water market in Asia Pacific is expected to advance at a rapid rate throughout the prediction period. Growth of pharmaceutical water and other pharma products to manage with ailments and intensification in responsiveness leading to routine checkup and verdict are the main influences estimated to boost the growth of pharmaceutical water market in Asia Pacific.
Pharmaceutical Water Market Scope
|Market Size in 2023
|USD 38.69 Billion
|Market Size by 2030
|USD 74.73 Billion
|Growth Rate from 2022 to 2030
|CAGR of 10.1%
|Fastest Growing Market
|2023 to 2030
|Type, Application, Region
The established economies of the U.S., Western Europe and Japan presently signify half of all expenditure in the global water for pharmaceuticals market. These nations are predicted to endure the largest markets for water technologies in this business over coming years.
Europe is the second largest pharmaceutical manufacturing markets and has appeared as a very profitable high value opening to stake holders in the water sector. Some of the principal companies have made noteworthy investments on research and development and also placing themselves as providers of professional solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. These funds are channeled to augment ground-breaking water and wastewater treatment solutions, examine and progress prevailing technologies to address the existing and anticipated fluctuations to the European Pharmacopoeia’s water standards.
In Japan, the growth in expenditure on water for pharma is anticipated to be higher, at about 4% annually. The governments is endorsing the augmented application of generic drugs, permitting for prolonged production capacities. In addition, best pricing guarantee restructurings will also go some way to easing the impacts of the patent cliff.
- The pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies segment captured a substantial cut of the total pharmaceutical water market in 2019
- Growth of biopharmaceutical and generic injectable drugs businesses is probable to push the pharmaceutical water market during impending years
- North America dominated the global pharmaceutical water market in 2019 and predicted to maintain the trend throughout forecast period.
- Companies functioning in the generic injectable market are intensive on the expansion of generic injectable products, particularly generic biologic products such as biosimilars
Key Players & Strategies
Equipment manufacturers are obeying with international pharmacopoeia standards. Leading-edge water purification systems are serving market participants in the pharmaceutical water sector to achieve recognition. Equipment firms are addressing customer specifications and necessities to upsurge the acceptance of systems. Pre-treatment activities are boosting the need for pharmaceutical-grade water purification systems. Region-specific requirements are being furnished by equipment manufacturers on account of diverse degrees of pre-treatment approaches.
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Braun Melsungen AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc
- Cytiva (Danaher)
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- CovaChem, LLC
- Intermountain Life Sciences
Major Market Segments Covered:
- HPLC Grade Water
- Water for Injection
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Academics & Research Laboratories
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Call: +1 9197 992 333
- Disposable Syringes Market Size Hit US$ 12.59 Bn by 2032 - February 6, 2024
- Medical Devices Market Size to Hit US$ 996.93 Bn by 2032 - February 6, 2024
- Portable Medical Devices Market Size To Hit US$ 85.1 bn by 2027 - February 6, 2024