The global gasoline direct injection device market size was valued at USD 6.92 billion in 2022 and it is projected to reach around USD 17.06 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 9.5% from 2023 to 2032.
- Asia Pacific led the global market with the highest market share in 2022.
- By Component, the fuel injectors segment is likely to have a significant increase throughout the forecast period.
- By Application, the passenger cars segment registered the maximum market share in 2022.
- By Application, the commercial vehicle segment is expected to grow at a remarkable CAGR during the forecast period.
Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) device refers to a fuel injection system that injects high pressure gasoline directly into the combustion chamber of every cylinder of the engine compared to the conventional Multipoint Fuel Injection (MPFI) that injects fuel into an intake tract. The implementation of GDI systems offers ultra-lean-burn of fuel that consequently results in increased power and better fuel efficiency.
The GDI device market is mainly driven by rise in demand for fuel-efficient together with high-performance vehicles as well as reduced vehicle emission. Regulatory authorities focus significantly on promoting vehicles that have zero emission and thus helps to reduce the harmful impact of carbon on the environment across the globe. Furthermore, the increasing production of passenger as well as commercial vehicles across the globe is the other most prominent factor that propels the growth of the GDI device. Incorporation of advanced technologies along with stringent norm from regulatory bodies to curb the emission rate projected to impel the market size in the forthcoming period. However, vehicle electrification with the implementation of electric vehicles during the upcoming years expected to majorly hamper the market growth over the projected period.
Get the Sample Pages of Report for More Understanding@ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1126
Government organizations offer tax reduction, incentives, as well as charging stations for propelling the demand for electric vehicles that expected to create a barrier for petrol driven vehicles that in turn further restricts the growth of the industry. For instance, in 2020, the government of China offered lucrative incentive policies and reduction in the purchasing price of electric vehicles to boost its adoption over the upcoming timeframe.
Apart from this, high cost of GDI devices because of high-pressure components along with residual particulate soot are the other important factors that hinder the growth of the market. Nonetheless, development of GDI devices in forthcoming hybrid vehicles to improve their propulsion, advancement of turbo GDI devices, and adoption of new emission standards in several countries expected to offer alluring opportunity for the increasing adoption of GDI devices over the forecast period.
Report Scope of the Gasoline Direct Injection Device Market
|Market Size in 2023
|USD 7.54 Billion
|Market Size by 2032
|USD 17.06 Billion
|Growth Rate from 2023 to 2032
|CAGR of 9.5%
|Fastest Growing Market
|2023 to 2032
|Product, Application, Region
- Europe led the global GDI device market pertaining to the stringent norms for fuel efficiency and emission targets
- The Asia Pacific region expected to register the highest growth over the forthcoming years due to increased focus of automotive market players towards untapped opportunities in the region
- By component, fuel injectors anticipated to witness prominent growth over the analysis period owing to need for precise control over fuel injection to ensure complete combustion of fuel
- The Electronic Control Unit (ECU) segment projected to witness significant growth in the GDI device market owing to the flexible multiple input & output channels
- Passenger cars lead the GDI device market in terms of revenue because of rising inclination of consumers towards luxury & premium cars especially in developed countries
- The commercial vehicle segment projected to witness a steady growth due to the rising road transportation along with domestic trading activities across the globe
Europe emerged as the global leader in the GDI device market owing to significant presence of automotive players in the region. In addition, the commercial vehicle manufacturers focus primarily on providing their customers with engines integrated with GDI device that follows the norms to further curb the emissions from a vehicle. Highly established distribution network in the automobile industry across the region projected to further strengthen the industry penetration.
The Asia Pacific encounters the fastest growth over the forthcoming years attributed to stringent government norms to curb the CO2 emission in the region. For instance, in April 2017, the government of India mandated to upgrade the vehicle engines to the stage IV engines that reduce pollution as well as satisfy the environmental norms. Moreover, in January 2016, Chinese government mandated to achieve fuel economy of 5.0 L/100 km for all conventional passenger vehicles sold by the year 2020, thereby propelling the market size of GDI devices in the region.
Key Players & Strategies
The global Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) Device market witness intense competition among the industry participants due to increased focus on new product enhancement, development, and launch. For instance, in May 2019, Delphi Technologies introduced their newly developed 500+ bar GDI system that reduces the particulate emissions nearly 50% compared standard GDI systems. This expected to help the company in expanding their product portfolio along with to serve larger number of consumer base.
Some of the prominent players in the Gasoline Direct Injection device market include:
- Delphi Automotive LLP
- Eaton Corporation
- DENSO Corporation
- Continental Corporation GmbH
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Stanadyne LLC
- Keihin Corporation
- Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd.
- TI Automotive
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A
Segments Covered in the Report
- Fuel Injectors
- Electronic Control Units
- Fuel Pumps
- Passenger Cars (PC)
- Commercial Vehicles (CV)
By Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of the World
Call: +1 9197 992 333
- Disposable Syringes Market Size Hit US$ 12.59 Bn by 2032 - February 6, 2024
- Medical Devices Market Size to Hit US$ 996.93 Bn by 2032 - February 6, 2024
- Portable Medical Devices Market Size To Hit US$ 85.1 bn by 2027 - February 6, 2024